We represent individuals and businesses in connection with a range of tax matters. We advise clients with issues related to income taxes, estate taxes, property taxes, license taxes, sales taxes and disputes involving local, state and federal authorities. Our lawyers represent clients in administrative proceedings before the IRS and Virginia Department of Taxation and in litigation in state and federal courts. We leverage the skill, knowledge and experience of our tax law practice to serve clients involved in other matters that may have substantial tax consequences, such as divorce, estate planning, business formation and real estate transactions.
Our services include:
- Income tax preparation
- Sales and property tax filings
- Licensing, use and sales taxes
- Payroll tax claims
- Counsel regarding gift tax and estate tax matters
- Federal, state and local sales tax controversies
- Structuring and negotiating offers in compromise
- Filings under the “innocent spouse rule”
- Filing “offers in compromise” or otherwise seeking to resolve disputes with the taxing authority regarding back-taxes and inaccurate assessments.
Proactive tax planning is often the best way to minimize the eventual tax liability that may be present in any situation. Parker, Pollard, Wilton & Peaden P.C. works closely with our individual and business clients to reduce the tax consequences of a matter to the greatest degree possible and to help our clients balance tax considerations with other objectives in order to formulate the best course of action.
- Donald W. Piacentini
- Scott A. Sigmon