Meredith Yoder focuses his practice on business litigation, real estate litigation, trust and estate litigation, and general corporate law. He is BV-rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Meredith became a shareholder in the firm in 2011 and a voting shareholder in 2013.
- Represents corporations and business clients in prosecuting and defending unfair competition, contract and business tort litigation.
- Represents landowners and commercial tenants in real estate related litigation, including lease disputes, contract disputes, easement issues and lis pendens actions.
- Represents lending institutions and other businesses in connection with a variety of commercial law matters including issues relating to Article 9 secured financing, Article 2 sales and Articles 3 and 4 negotiable instrument law.
- Represents title insurance companies and insured parties in connection with real estate title defects and coverage issues
- Represents beneficiaries of wills and trusts in litigation involving the interpretation and application of testamentary documents.
- Represents purchasers and sellers in business equity and asset purchase transactions.
- Advises businesses with respect to a variety of corporate matters including entity formation, corporate authority issues, director and officer liability and private placement securities offerings.
- Admitted in all state courts, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. – May, 2002
- Messiah College, Gratham, Pennsylvania
- B.A.magna cum laude – 1999
- Major: Psychology
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Henrico Bar Association , Member
- Richmond Bar Association, Member
- Title Workshop: From Examination to Commitment, NBI Seminar, February, 2013
- Advanced Real Estate Issues Workshop: Credit and Bankruptcy Issues, NBI Seminar, April, 2014