Practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, including purchases and sales, loan reviews and workouts, land development, construction, leasing and financing, and general business matters including entity formations.
- Represents lending institutions extensively in financing land, office, retail, industrial and residential properties.
- Represents developers in acquisitions of land, financing, development of commercial projects and residential subdivisions and sale of developed parcels.
- Represents lending institutions in foreclosures, workouts and restructuring of commercial loans.
- Represents financial institutions in general business and banking matters and preparation of form documents.
- Represents a variety of businesses in entity formation, general business matters, securities issues, mergers, acquisitions and sales, including mergers of financial institutions.
- Represents landlords and tenants in negotiation and drafting of complex commercial leases.
- Represents developers in creation of restrictive covenants and owners associations for residential and commercial real estate.
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. – 1980
- Honors: 1st in Class
- University of Virginia
- B.A. – 1977
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Member