Will Contests, Fiduciary Claims and Other Estate Disputes
Although one of the benefits of thorough estate planning is to minimize the chance of a serious dispute arising out of the distribution of assets or the determination of the proper roles of heirs, executors and personal representatives, it is sometimes impossible to avoid a will contest or other legal dispute.
When a contest arises regarding a will, trust or any other estate planning vehicle, or an accusation is made that an executor or fiduciary is failing to live up to his or her duties, the team at Parker, Pollard, Wilton & Peaden P.C. can offer experienced legal guidance.
Our attorneys handle a wide range of trust and estate litigation, including matters such as:
- Disputes regarding the appointment of a conservator over a large estate
- Disagreements arising out of the distribution of personal effects
- Undue influence claims (defend or pursue)
- Questions regarding the capacity of the deceased at the time a will or other estate planning document was signed
- Will contests and trust controversies
- Representation before county commissioners of accounts in a broad range of estate and probate matters
We represent heirs and beneficiaries seeking an accurate accounting from executors, as well as personal representatives and other fiduciaries accused of wrongdoing. Regardless of the nature of a will contest or other estate dispute, our broad-based experience and thorough understanding of the law and process allows us to represent our clients’ interests efficiently and aggressively.