Steve Scarce focuses his practice on business and real estate matters, including business and loan workouts, purchases and sales, lender representation, commercial real estate foreclosures, Section 1031 tax deferred exchanges and homeowners’ association covenants. He handles civil trials including real estate, commercial and estate litigation. He represents owners and lenders in easement, title, mechanics lien and title insurance disputes.
Steve is chair of the litigation section at the firm. He was named to the 2014 Virginia Business Legal Elite, is AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell, and is a member of the John Marshall American Inn of Court.
- Represents lenders in commercial foreclosures, note sales, debt restructuring, loan workouts, loan collection litigation and retail and commercial account matters and creditor bankruptcy actions.
- Represents buyers and sellers of real estate including Section 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges and purchasers of national hotel property.
- Represents entrepreneurs and developers in business entity formation and as ongoing counsel.
- Represents developers in creation of restrictive covenants and owners associations for residential and commercial real estate projects.
- Represents owners and lenders in easement, title, mechanics lien and title insurance disputes and litigation.
- Admitted in all Virginia state courts, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- Virginia Tech
- Major: Finance
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Henrico County Bar Association, Member
- Richmond Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar, Alternate Fee Dispute Resolution, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia