Chris Petersen is chair of the firm’s Business and Real Estate section. Prior to joining Parker, Pollard, Wilton, and Peaden, Chris operated The Petersen Law Firm, PLC and was formerly officer and assistant vice president of Shaheen & Shaheen, PC.
Chris handles a variety of matters, including commercial and residential real estate transactions. He is involved in purchases and sales, land development, construction, leasing and representation of lenders in transactions. Chris often draws on his finance and banking background to assist clients in the banking, insurance and commercial arenas. He is an experienced litigator who is prepared to handle matters such as land partitions and landlord/tenant disputes.
Chris is admitted in all Virginia Commonwealth courts, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, and United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. He completed a one-year judicial clerkship with the Honorable Richard K. Warren, Judge of the Allen County Court of Common Pleas.
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. – 2000
- Honors: With Distinction
- Virginia Tech – Pamplin School of Business, Blacksburg, Virginia
- B.S. – 1996
- Major: Finance
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Greater Richmond Association of Commercial Real Estate (GRACRE)
- Richmond Association of Realtors (RAR)
- Loan Closing Documents for New Agents, Richmond Association of Realtors, 2014
- Who is the Trustee in a Deed of Trust? Richmond Times Dispatch Metro Business, January 2015
- Workers’ Compensation Carrier’ Liens: General Assembly Acts to Protect Liens, Subrogator, Fall, 2004