Values are important at PPW&P, as they are practical guides to action.
Fact-Based Decision-Making (Reality)
– What is, is. If we want it to be better, we must act within the context of the facts (reality).
– We will make logical decisions based on the facts and act on these decisions.
– All employees are challenged to use his or her mind to its optimal potential to make rational decisions. In this context, each of us is responsible for what we do and who we are. In addition, creativity is strongly encouraged and only possible with independent thought.
– We are committed to be producers of value and well-being by taking the actions necessary to accomplish our mission. The tangible evidence of our productivity is that we have allocated resources rationally and that we have provided needed services to our clients in an efficient manner resulting in appropriate profitability.
– Being honest is simply being consistent with reality. To be dishonest is to be in conflict with reality and is, therefore, self-defeating.
– Regardless of the short-term benefits, acting inconsistently with our principles is to our long-term detriment.
– Individuals should be evaluated and rewarded objectively (for better or worse) based on their contribution to accomplishing our mission and their adherence to our values.
– We must perform our work in such a manner as to be able to be justly proud of what we have accomplished.
– We expect our employees to earn positive self-esteem from doing their work well. We want employees who have strong personal goals and who expect to be able to accomplish their goals within the context of our mission. A necessary attribute for self-esteem is self-motivation. We have a strong work ethic. We believe that you receive from your work in proportion to how much you contribute. If you do not work hard, work somewhere else.
– While independent thought is critically important, our work is accomplished within teams. Each of us must consistently act to accomplish the agreed upon objectives of the team with respect for our fellow employees, while acting in a mutually supportive manner.